Lectures on Methods
- Week 2: Scientific Method
- This is the quantitative method.
- It's the best. Knowledge is most solid.
- It still involves creatitivity.
- Week 8: Qualitative Methods
- There are a range of them.
- They're good for difficult problems.
- They're good for exploratory strategies.
- Week 9: Mixed Methods
- Here you combine qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Can get the benefit of both.
- We talked about cycles of research.
- Week 11: Good Examples of KM Research
- We found good experiments, poor papers, and good
papers without evidence.
- It seems that at some point, good researchers can write general
papers that have little evidence in them.