Data Mining Support
- A software engineering group or members could join in with
the data mining effort and support this.
- One key factor would be business engagement and Professors
Barn and Clark could help here.
- Other support could be the development of an integrated
database and mining platform.
- A related stream is ontology development (Web 2.0). It's
a hot topic and good ontologies should improve data mining.
- Developing ontologies and combining ontologies with machine
learning is an interesting challenge.
- Some of the software engineering group are interested in domain
specific languages; ontology development is one obvious
mechanism for automating domain specific language development.
- We could also integrate the use of Middlesex's grid here
(with for instance Richard Bayford).