Our Data Mining
- We have a lot of experts in different aspects of data mining in the
- Machine learning algorithms (Ian GAs, Chris NNs, Siri and Usama
Connectionist, Roman Statistics), data alignment (Nawaz), Images
(Xiaohong, Carl, and Peter), natural language (Chris and Elli).
- We have an MSc in Data and Knowledge Engineering.
- As far as I know, we have no industrial collaboration.
- We also have no particular synergy from these experts (including
me) in this area.
- The closest we had was Wendy Wu, Ian Mitchell, Paul Cairns and
me doing some categorisation work in 2001.
- I've been proposing for some time now that we pursue this area
actively, enabling collaboration with business, synergies between
group members, and providing a basis for further growth.