Navigation and Dependency Graphs
- What do we use graphs for?
- My picture was a set of neurons and their synapses.
- They're used for FSAs, semantic nets, entity relation diagrams,
trees and so forth.
- Buckland says they're used for navigation. You can describe
a maze by a graph.
- He also says dependency graphs are good for resource management type
games. (What's that game where you race to see who gets to Alpha
- To me, this is just using graphs for constraint satisfaction.
- I'd also use them for a Rete Net (to implement rule based systems).
- Buckland says they're good for State Graphs which relates to
State Space Search an important method