Word 2 Vec
- John was big at pointing out what benefit do neurons give us.
The memory systems could have been encoded symbolically.
- The win was with the word2vec stuff. Guido Zarella (Mitre)
- It's just another bag of word technique. You train on a bunch
of words and get similarity.
- They did this off chip.
- However, it genrates vectors which can be encoded neurally.
- These run really fast on the chips.
- They used spinnaker but also TrueNorth. This doesn't have
any learning but simulates a million neurons on one chip.