Simple Memory Systems and the Facebook tasks
- We wanted to have a task for a demo.
- John suggested we do a task from facebook where you record
the position of people, then answer it back.
- We needed a memory system so we did two.
- Sergio Davies (U. Manchester) did one and
Ritwik Kulkarni (Middlesex) did another.
- We did this with John, Peter, Ritwik and Sergio putting in
off the shelf (non-neural) speech recognition and generation.
- The demo worked pretty well.
- The benchmark on the task (from facebook) is still not running very
well, but we're persevering.
- One of the problems here was running text vs speech, nest vs. Spinnaker,
and Sergio's memory system vs. Ritwik's.