- An expert is an experienced practitioner in his/her particular field.
- More than that, he/she is a highly effective problem-solver and
decision-taker in that field.
- Experts have three qualities:
- They make good decisions
- They make those decisions quickly
- They are able to cope with a wide range of problems.
- As a result, they are valuable, highly-paid, and tend to be overworked.
- Note also that an expert can usually explain and justify their
- A human expert can update their knowledge in the light of
common sense, knowledge derived from other domains, and contacts with
other experts. An expert system can't.