Expanding on Hooks
- Once you've got a good reference, you can merely follow
its references back.
- This requires finding sources, but once you have a reference
it becomes a lot easier.
- Similarly, you can find people who refer to the
- I used to use cite seer
but I'm also familiar with the science citation index
(before electronic resources were widly available).
- I now use Google Scholar.
- There are other citation indices.
- This enables you to build a graph of references by combining
the forward and backward references.
- This gives you things to read, and you can start to find the
seminal works as they are widely cited.
- In addition to resources, these also provide author names, key words,
journals, compiled books and conferences.
- Each of these provide new places to look.