- Some researchers (like Marvin Minsky) think that the best way to
do AI is to develop better search techniques.
- Consequently, AI has done a lot of research into searching.
- There are exhausive methods like depth
- There are also heuristic methods. Rules are good
for encoding search heuristics.
- Search is essentially moving about looking for the answer.
- That is, the system moves about looking for the answer.
- A robot can move about, but in general most AI systems don't.
- One easy way to look at this problem is a system that
moves around in a virtual world.