Lab 11: Multi Layer Perceptrons
- A perceptron takes inputs, sums them, and produces an output
based on a transfer function.
- Make a perceptron with two inputs; use the pass through
- Make a linear transfer function, and set the slope to two.
- Make weights for the inputs.
- Now make two other perceptrons, with the same inputs, but
different weights and slopes for the transfer function.
- Do you see how one perceptron can duplicate the behaviour of
- Now make a different layer of three perceptrons.
- Make the output from the first layer the input to the second.
- Weight the connections.
- Make a step transfer function.
- Can you make an Xor Categoriser?