- My doctoral thesis was on natural language parsing.
- With parsing, you take the words of a sentence and build a
- What you're really interested in is the semantic output of
a sentence, typically in a case frame.
- The dog chased the boy to the store. -> (S(NP the dog) (VP Chased
(NP the boy) (PP to the store))) -> (chased (actor the dog) (object
the boy) (location (to the store)))
- There are a lot of techniques to do this.
- People parse left to right with little or no backtracking, and
my Plink parser worked that way.
- Collins parser is currently the best (with around 90% of
branches correct a syntactic measurement). It is a
- How is this measurement done?