- The General Architecture for Text Engineering
- I'm going to talk about a lot of technologies and applications,
but there are a lot of existing resources out there.
- GATE is open source software.
- It enables different components to be wrapped together to
provide a complete application.
- Some simple ones work right out of the box, but it gets more interesting
when you combine them in unique ways.
- It also has a lot of textual data available.
- If you want to build an application, this is a reasonable way to
start on it.
- I worked on this at the University of Sheffield when I first came