- There are lots of different models of biological neurons.
- We use Leaky Integrate and Fire models, and Fatiguing Leaky
Integrate and Fire models.
- Neurons integrate activity from other neurons, and if they
get enough activity, they fire and send activity to other neurons.
- There are lots of other models, and more sophisticated models
- These are analog models, but we work mostly with 10ms and 1ms
discrete models. They update every 10ms.
- If you plug these together the right way, you can program anything.
- Neurons connect to other neurons by synapses, that can
be excitatory or inhibitory.
- What's really interesting is learning with them. That is, the
synapses are plastic.
- There also might be something really interesting about distributed
processing with them.