Frames and Rules
- An NP frame has slots for the head noun, determiner, adjective, etc.
- A VP frame has a slot for the head verb and arguments. This may
include sentential complements so this system is recursive.
- There are several VP and NP frames available, but most are inactive
with no neurons firing.
- A frame has counter neurons to show how long its been active. The
longer it is activated, the fewer count neurons are going. This
is how it replaces the stack. It also makes the frame CA a lot
more like a short-term memory.
- Depending on the frames, and the current word, a rule is selected.
- (The frames and the lexeme neurons synapse with the rule neurons
to activate the correct rule.)
- Rules CAs are activated from the frames and the current lexeme.
- The system takes advantage of bar levels so that we're building groups
or combining frames (phrases).