Competitive Learning with Spiking Nets and Spike Timing Dependent
by Chris Huyck and Orume Erekpaine
- The brain (ours and rats') runs on neurons.
- All those neurons work by spiking.
- They also work with unsupervised learning and Hebbian rules.
- One rule with a good deal of biological support is spike timing
dependent plasticity (STDP).
- It would be useful to figure out how to learn things with
spiking nets and STDP.
- It might be more efficient time wise.
- It might be step toward understanding how brains work.
- It might lead to very successful learning systems.