- CLIPS is the C Language Integrated Production System.
- Rules are also called productions.
- CLIPS is shareware, so you can download it and run it at home.
- The rules that you make in the Form are saved out to
agent2.clp, a clips file.
- That should be stored in the c:/temp directory.
- Open it up either in clips or in notepad and have a
look at your rule.
- It works with facts. If a fact is true, a rule can be applied.
- If you'd like, you can fire up clips and give it a go. One of
the nice things about it is that it's interpretted.
- I used to teach clips in my Knowledge Based Systems module. There's
here with some more following.
- One of the cool things about CLIPS is that it's meant
to work with other languages.
- I've made some minor additions and put clips into a dynamic link
library for Spacewars agents.