Natural Language Processing
- I got my PhD in Natural Language Processing.
- At the time, we worked on Text Extraction Systems.
- When I first came to the UK, I worked at the U of Sheffield
and we worked on the General Architecture of Text Engineering.
- I've also done some work on Information Retrieval and
- My best system is a neuro-cognitive model of Natural Language
- In the real world, we use NLP quite frequently.
- There are machine translation systems.
- There's spell checking.
- There are conversational agents.
- There is speech recognition.
- All of these problems are open and require software developers to
build new domain specific systems.