the Turing Test
- The test comes from Alan Turing's 1950 paper in the journal
Mind entitled Computing Machinery and Intelligence.
- The Turing
test Wiki is sound.
- The test has 3 participants and each is in their own room by
themselves. The first is a human judge, the second a human
contestant, and the third a machine contestant.
- The judge holds a converation with each.
- The conversation happens over a teletype, IR Chat works in
the modern world.
- If the judge can not tell which is human and which the machine,
the machine is intelligent.
- No machine has come close to passing the test.