by Chris Huyck
- The first AI will be a conversational agent.
- This is based on the Turing Test for Intelligence.
- Put a man in one room, a machine in another, and have
them each communicate with a human tester in a third room.
If the tester can't decide which is human, then the machine
- This test is a conversation. The machine in the
test is a conversational agent.
- However, we are a long way from making general conversational
- In general, AI doesn't work in an open domain.
- Fortunately, we have the techniques to make conversational systems
for relatively small closed domains like games agents and