Chris Huyck's Home Page
I am a Principal Lecturer at Middlesex University. In the School of Computer
Science. You may be interested in Chris, or Dr. Christian
R. Huyck, for several reasons.
My email address is
my office phone number is 020-8411-5412,
and my address is M212 Middlesex University, The Burroughs London,
You can find my cv in postscript
or in latex
Please send mail to:
- I have run the
BIS 2040 Knowledge Based Systems for Business module
since spring 2002.
- I coordinated
BIS 4992, the Master of Science theses for Computing Science until
- I taught BIS 4226 from the autumn 1999 through the
summer of 2001. This is now run by Stylianos Hatzipanagos.
Internet Commerce. I was a lab supervisor for
BIS 4226 in the autumn of 1999.
- I was the lecturer and lab supervisor for BIS 3050,
Commercial Web Applications. I taught this course in the
winter of 1999,
and in the autumn of 1998.
- I am developing BIS 4231
- I have taught Graduate Artificial Intelligence, Artificial
Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, C++, C and second
- I have been a teaching assistant for Compiler Theory, Theory of
Computation, Interactive Computer Graphics, and first and second
- I have also supervised several BSc theses, several dozen
MSc thesis and am currently supervising two PhD students.
- My research focus is in Natural Language Processing. I fancy myself
an expert in Natural Language Parsing
- I am particularly interested in how people process language. With this
in mind, I have another interest in Hebbian Connectionist systems. I
think that this mechanism gives a reasonable (though of course
incomplete)explanation on how people think.
- Natural Language Processing is a sub-field of Artificial Intelligence,
and I take a wide interest in other areas of AI, particularly where
they apply to Natural Language.
- I'm the convener for the AI research group
- I'm coordinating the AI reading group.
- You can see some of my papers.
Recreational Activities and other
Page last modified