Goal Directed Behaviour
- A lot of animal behaviour is goal directed.
- In particular, a lot of human behaviour is goal directed.
- I say I want to achieve something, like get a coffee, and
then I set about finding ways to achieve it.
- Imagine a rule base which enabled you to achieve the goal,
but still needed extra information (facts)
- The system could ask the user (not the developer) for
the information it needed
- Now instead of asking all the possible information for all
behaviours, I'd only have to ask the information for
one method for achieving my goal.
- An easy way to look at one iteration is what rules can
be applied to fulfill my goal?
- Try to apply one of them.
- If you can't apply one (because you don't have the facts),
try to derive the facts.