Lab 9: Knowledge Engineering
- Find a partner. This is a task for pairs; you will still
submit individually. Write down your partners name and
- The assignment is to act as a knowledge engineer.
In this case, one of you will be the domain expert, and
the other will be the knowledge engineer. Then you
- The two domains are checkers and computer file systems. Pick
one each; one of you will be the checkers expert and the other
the file systems expert. If you need some more information on
these you should spend 10 minutes or so looking at a checkers
tutorial or a file
systems HOWTO page.
- Take a half an hour each, and try to extract the knowledge
from the other.
- Take notes on this interview.
- After you're both done with the interview, write up
- Include, what data items are important, and their type.
- Include any tables or diagrams that are useful (you can just
draw them by hand).
- Could you build a system to do this?
- Would it be economical to do build such a system?