Lab 1: Hello World and CANT
- Open up Eclipse.
- Make a new java hello world program.
- Now we're going to play with my neural net simulator, CANT.
- An old
tutorial might be worth a look.
- There's probably a better way to do this, but...
- In Eclipse Open up a new java project names CANT23.
Make sure that the execution JRE is JavaSE-1.6 (others may
- Grab CANT3939.zip and stick it
- From the Eclpse File menu, import the archive file.
- Move all the src files up to CANT23/src/defaultpackage
- Move param.xml up to CANT23
- Now run the base class CANT23.
- You should get a window with a blue matrix and 400 cells.
- Each cell represents a neuron.
- If you widen the window, you can step or start.
- Try to get the neurons to persistently fire without external
activation, by setting parameters.
- Change the patterns by modifying param.xml.
- Can you stick in a positionWindow function so you don't have
to widen the screen when you start?
- Can you make your own system with subclassing (like iris3)?