- Robots can of course have all the senses that we have.
- In particular, there has been a lot of work on
- There's also work on tactile sensors, sound, smell, and taste,
though with vision, touch, and hearing speech at least, these
can't do everything people can.
- However, sensors are not limited to human sensing.
- A very common sensor is to use GPS. The first time it was used
at the AAAI robotics computation, the group won.
- Robots also use range sensors including sonar, laser, and lidar
(light detection and ranging).
- Inertia and force sensors are also useful for controlling
the robot's movements.