Lab 4: Missionaries and Cannibals
there are 3 missionaries and 3
cannibals on one side of the river. They have a canoe
that seats at most 2, and they need to get the other
side of the river. If the cannibals ever outnumber the
missionaries on either side of the river they eat them, and
- Make a java system that has the position of the cannibals,
missionaries and boat.
- Make an interface that allows the user to choose how
many missionaries and cannibals to move. (Text is fine.)
- Make the checks that the system works, with failure
if the cannibals eat the missionaries.
- Now add depth first search.
- Have the system propose all the options from the start state.
- Print out the state as you go.
- Have it explore each in turn.
- You can use randomness.
- Make sure you avoid revisiting states unnecessarily.
- Print out the correct solution.
- Print out the full reachable state space.