Lab 19: Psychological Model of the Stroop Task
- The Stroop task deals with colour words and the colour
of the ink that they are printed in.
- If I present the word blue in blue ink to a subject and
ask him to name the ink colour, he is fast and accurate.
- If on the other hand I present blue in red ink, he is
slower and makes mistakes.
- A version can be found at
- Choose a language (C# is fine).
- Develop a simple model of the Stroop task (4 points). This
doesn't need a gui, just reasonable output for an input (which
can be read from the command line).
- You might want to look at the
Stroop Wiki for more information and data points.
- Can you make the model account for statistical variance;
a user doesn't always respond in the same time (3 points).
- Is this model a good cognitive model of the problem? (1 point)
- Could you describe (or even start to implement) a better
model? (2 points)