- There are lots of jobs in AI.
- The big field right now is machine learning, the big bit of
- I read a couple of years ago that the demand for machine
learning developers will increase 10% each year for the
- One key point about machine learning is the no free lunch theorem.
No algorithm beats all other algorithms on all learning problems.
This means that you need to understand the domain. This requires
smart, knowledgeable people.
- Expert systems still need to be developed.
- Vision systems, and robotic systems are in demand.
- Ontologies need to be developed, maintained, and appropriately
- Start up companies, in London and beyond, are making use of AI
all the time.
- Websites frequently try to predict what people need or are going
to do. That's AI.
- Videogame agents are AI.
- There is a lot of demand for chatbots, but more sophisticated ones.