Chris' Proposal for Building an AI
- I actually have a proposal how to do this, without Microsoft, though
they are welcome to help.
- I'm giving a paper on it in Washington DC this weekend.
- I've got a
project that is working toward this goal.
- It will be a long process, so use a cycle and build systems.
- It's a big problem so get lots of people involved (including
Microsoft if they'd like, and so can you)
- My proposal is:
- Follow the human model:
- Use human-like components that we know about
(and can learn more about). Neurons.
- Make them do things the way people do (cognitive models).
- Put the system (s) in an environment.
- Keep in touch with reality by checking the above issues and building
systems that do cool things.
- Integrate Learning
- Take advantage of emergent algorithms (that's the tricky bit about