Could an AI be built?
- It's an open question if one could be (or has already been) built.
- People say that computers can't do it. I heard someone, who writes
papers on such things, say last week that computers can't be conscious
because they're discrete.
- Now consciousness is not intelligence, but this type of argument
seems weak to me.
- Some say AI could never be built.
- The reasons tend to be, it hasn't been done yet, so it can't be done.
- Others say that their programs or robots are already intelligent.
- None the less, no system yet passes the Turing test,
- so I think we don't yet have an AI, but
- I think we will eventually build one.