Chris and the AI Group
- I'm Chris Huyck and I'm Middlesex's Reader in Artificial
Intelligence (AI). My main areas of research are neural simulations
and Natural Language Processing. I've also got publications in
Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Planning and Knowledge
Management. I know something about every aspect of AI.
- The school has a
research group in AI that is the second largest group (behind the
HCI guys). Members include
- Roman Belavkin, information theory, independent component analysis
cognitive modelling and neural nets.
- Xiaohong Gao, computer vision, and image databases.
- Siri Bavan, parallel processing and neural nets.
- Xiaochun Cheng, knowledge based and intelligent systems.
- Ian Mitchell, genetic algorithms
- and Usama Hasan, Elli Maclaren, Carl Evans, Peter Passmore, John Platts
and some others with a wide range of interests.
- 2 Researh Associates.
- 12 or so PhD students.
- We supervise a lot (hundreds) of BSc and MSc theses.