Variable Binding of Cell Assemblies with Binding Areas and
Spontaneous Neural Activation
European Society for the Study of Cognitive Systems 22nd annual workshop.
- CAs are the basis of concepts.
- There is extensive neuro-biological evidence of this.
- However, the brain does more than activate concepts; it
- If the variable binding problem can be solved,
these calculations can be carried out in simulated neurons.
- These simulations can then point the way forward for
cognitive science research.
- In this talk, a new mechanism for variable binding based
on synaptic weight change is proposed.
- The binding is later erased by spontaneous activation.
- Neural simulations show that the variable binding works.