Models of Cell Assembly Decay
By Peter Passmore and Chris Huyck
- The Cell Assembly is a central concept of neuropsychology.
- CAs are neural circuits that represent memories. Ignited
CAs are the neural representation of short term memories.
- Unfortunately, most neural models of CAs are more or less
binary with CAs either on or off.
- This is not the case with psychological models of short
- These short term memories decay over time.
- This talk presents three mechanisms that allow these memories
to decay over time.
- Use special connectivity
- Modify the fatigue model
- Modify the leak model