Deep Nets vs. Neural Nets
- Most of my current work focuses on models of biological neurons
and how they work together.
- In particular, I'm involved in the Human Brain Project,
- and I'm focusing on developing neuromorphic agents and robots.
- This work is probably not ready for
machine learning problems yet.
- Deep nets are typically called neural networks.
- It's largely a misnomer, and can be confusing, so let's just
call them connectionist systems.
- This slide is partially my axe to grind, but it's also to point
out that though I know quite a bit about deep nets, but
- I am not a deep net expert.