- Make a schedule
- You really should have a schedule to deal with how your going
to get through your PhD
- You can have different grain schedules. Some people
really benefit from having a daily schedule, a weekly one, and
a long term one.
- Others do just fine on their own. If you don't seem to be
getting stuff done, try a schedule.
- There is the added joy of crossing things off your list
- (You might want to make a list with a few things already done, so
you can cross them off just to make yourself feel better.)
- Don't make too many schedules. Scheduling takes time. Do you
know anyone who spends all their time making schedules and none
of it actually implmenting it.
- Be flexible. A schedule is a tool not a contract.
- Milestones are also really useful to schedules.
You need to mark things out that are measurable achievements.
- I use my email inbox as a list of things to do.