- Time Management is just part of Life Management
- You are responsible for managing your own life.
- If you depend on your supervisor, you could really get in
trouble. They can take advantage of you, not have the time,
or just get it wrong.
- Sometimes you want to work harder, but think about what you
want in life.
- I like working hard, and plan to continue to do so. It
can be really rewarding.
- Most people work really hard while working on a PhD.
- This doesn't mean you have to only do the PhD.
- What are you planning on doing after a PhD.
- If you want to be a lecturer, make sure you get some
training now by being a lab assistant.
- If you want to be a programmer, try part-time programming work.
- Either way, make some contacts with others.
- You have responsibilities you must meet (you have to feed the kids).
- You might have to be miserable some of the time to meet these
- Beyond that, try to enjoy your life.
- You'll be more productive if you do.
- Of course the other side of this problem is that you are too busy
enjoying your life to get things done. Fair enough, but then you're
going to feel pretty miserable when we kick you out because you haven't
finished in time.