Note that in all the cases, the answers are sample answers and
form one strand in a conversation that can be had about these
Lab 16 Answers
- They of course get a lot of things like your address and credit
card number. They need to keep that secure, so they probably won't
use that. However, they can look at the things you've bought, or even
the things you've looked at.
- Particularly with the things you've bought, but also what
you've looked at, they can use this to guess what else you
might be interested. For example, they usually have that bit
on a page "people who've bought this have also bought
- See the above answer.
- Oasis only gives you access to your modules. Also, you have your own
area for email and discussion. Online questionairres can be tailored
to you, and so is the feedback.
- Sorry, you're going to have to come up with this yourself.
- For a wiki to work, a document is set up on a server, and linked
to other documents (so people can find it). Now the document needs
to be edited. There a range of possibilities, but one possibility
is that there is a person in charge of the document, and a set of
people are allowed to edit it. The person in charge approves all
changes. The people editing the document, get a copy, and return
the edited version. The person in charge approves, and then replaces
the original copy.
- That's kind of the point of a social network. You get friends.
You update your page. Your friends can see the changes. You can
see theres. Of course, there are a whole range of other types
of personalisation going on when systems automatically suggest things
for you to do.