- Most theses and articles have literature review chapters or
- It does several things.
- It gives the background of the area.
- This places the reader in the literature.
- If they know the area, it's a guide.
- If they don't know the area, it allows them access to
some foundations of your work.
- It should also give the reader confidence that the author
knows the area.
- It also sets the scene for your question and answer.
- A good format is to start with the general and move to the
specific. Your work should be either more specific yet, or
an example of the more specific.