- You need a bibliography.
- It comes right after the last chapter.
- It comes before the appendices (if there are any).
- It's usually sorted by first authors last name.
- Occasionally its sorted by use, but I like the name method.
- Nothing occurs in the bibliography that's not cited.
- All citations occur in the bibliography.
- Some documents have related work tables (bibliographic entries
that aren't cited).
- As with citations there are a range of formats of bibliographies.
- In addition to the standard things (books, articles, and conference
articles) you can use URLs (with date extracted), and personal
contact. Try to avoid these, but sometimes they're needed.
- I'm not particularly fussed, but the bottom line is that
- you need to be able to find the source from the bibliography.