Research Problems in Data Warehousing
- I went to citeseer and asked for knowledge management.
- The second most cited was
in data warehousing (and it's just 6 pages).
- It's from 1995, so is a bit out of date.
- She starts with the lazy approach to querying multiple databases
and contrasts this with the eager approach (data warehousing).
- Problems with Wrapper/Monitors center around change detection.
Automatic or semi-automatic wrapper generator.
- Problems with Integrators include scrubbing, view maintenance,
and view consistency with data update.
- Problems with the warehouse center on triggers.
- Problems with optimizations include filtering updates
and multiple view optimization.
- There is no apparent research methodology here.