- What is research?
- To a large degree it is a ubiquitous task.
- We all do research all the time. We look for phone
numbers, find new recipes, go shopping, read books,
and watch TV.
- A slight variant on the term is a key component to Knowledge
- Research is one thing people do with corporate knowledge.
- There are two components here, the first is to understand
existing explicit knowledge.
- The second is to generate new (explicit and implicit) knowledge.
- Another variant is academic research; this is a key activity
of most academics and graduate students.
- Here there is a body of knowledge, and research tries to
advance and disseminate that knowledge.
- In this module, we will focus on academic research, research in
Knowledge Management, and research in Data and Knowledge